We routinely explain to our customers about the benefits of having a Monitored Smoke Detector and we remark about how most insurance companies will provide a home owners insurance discount when a Monitored Smoke alarm is part of the alarm system... But Why do they offer the discount?
Some Stats from the Fema Website:
National estimates for residential building fires in 2011, the most recent year data are available, are:
- Fires: 364,500.
- Deaths: 2,450.
- Injuries: 13,900.
- Dollar Loss: $6,651,400,000.
- A 7 percent decrease in fires.
- An 11 percent decrease in deaths.
- A 3 percent increase in injuries.
- An 18 percent decrease in dollar loss. (Note: This overall constant dollar-loss trend takes inflation into account by adjusting each year's dollar loss to its equivalent 2011 value.)
18% - that is significant - $8,111,463,414
That's an $8 BILLION saving to the Insurance Companies
So now you know why Insurance Companies want you to install a Monitored Smoke Detector - And why they offer a discount if you do!
If you live in South Florida, then Call us at:
954-956-7070 and ask about the Monitored Smoke Detector Discount.