Can I replace the Alarm System Battery?
Replacing the Alarm System Battery is not rocket science, and you may be able to do it yourself, however, before beginning the system battery replacement process, be sure the battery needs to be replaced!
It could be that if your home has experienced a recent power outage, the battery may simply need time to recharge.
In the meantime, low battery trouble beeps can be silenced by pushing OFF on most systems.
If your Alarm system battery has been charging for 48 hours and is still showing a low battery alert, it is time to replace it.
An Alarm System Battery should last in excess of 3 years.
Many Alarm Systems have a tamper switch to alert when the panel is opened, you would need to clear that after replacing the battery.
Call us to find out the best local source of Alarm System Batteries, we can replace them, but it is often cheaper to do it yourself. Call us for advice.
There are several modern alarm system panels that do not use the old 12v block battery and require batteries manufactured by the alarm panel maker. Again, just call and we can advise.
Like all electrical devices, do not attempt this if you are not familiar with the type of unit installed.
KeywordsWet Cell Alarm Panel Battery,Lead Acid Alarm Panel Battery,Lynx Alarm Panel Battery
- Do I need an alarm system
- How much does it cost to have an alarm system
- What's the difference between a control panel and a keypad
- Do I need a separate phone line
- How do I go about getting an alarm security system
- What is required to get a security system
- Do I need a permit
- What is a 'User's Permit And how do I know if I need one
- Do I need to register my alarm
- What Is A False Alarm
- My Alarm Went Off And No One Called, Why
- Why Does The Alarm Beep Every Time A Window or Door Opens
- My Alarm Is Going Off, What Do I Do
- What If Someone Breaks In
- What If There's An Emergency
- What Does ACT Stand For
- Where are you located
- What Does 'Check 04' Mean
- Who do I call to fix my alarm
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Customer Service
- WHY CHOOSE ACT
- How to stop house alarm from beeping
- Are ACT Installers Certified
- Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP
- Can I replace the Alarm System Battery
- Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
- Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract
- How does my alarm system work
- What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system
- Unmonitored Alarm Service
- Will the Alarm work if I have pets
- Is it worth having an Alarm Sign in my yard
- Does ACT Security install Surveillance Cameras