I have heard about 'Crash & Smash' protection. What is it? Does it work?
Traditional Alarm systems only call the monitoring center if the Alarm Sounds. So if the burglar is able to defeat the Alarm System before it reports the intrusion, then the Monitoring center never gets the alarm and does not know that there is a need to dispatch the police.
Modern Alarm System can have a feature called Advanced Protection Logic (APL). With this service, the intrusion is reported within a few seconds, certainly plenty of time before the intruder could disable the alarm panel. So the alarm service receives the report that a door opened while the system was armed, at this time, the alarm service system counts down a preset time, typically about 30 seconds. If the disarm signal is not received, then the alarm service sends the monitoring center an intrusion alert and they start the calls and dispatch service.
The outcome of this is that even if the alarm system is disabled, it will have already sent the signal that will result in a dispatch routine.
Some companies refer to this feature as 'Crash & Smash Protection' But it does not prevent Crashes, nor does it prevent Smashes, but it does protect against an intruder disabling the alarm system after break in.
Because the system relies upon Cellular Communication, the System cannot be disabled by cutting the telephone line.
So APL is a great feature available with modern alarm systems.
KeywordsCrash & Smash, Crash and Smash, Disable Alarm
- Do I need an alarm system
- How much does it cost to have an alarm system
- What's the difference between a control panel and a keypad
- Do I need a separate phone line
- How do I go about getting an alarm security system
- What is required to get a security system
- Do I need a permit
- What is a 'User's Permit And how do I know if I need one
- Do I need to register my alarm
- What Is A False Alarm
- My Alarm Went Off And No One Called, Why
- Why Does The Alarm Beep Every Time A Window or Door Opens
- My Alarm Is Going Off, What Do I Do
- What If Someone Breaks In
- What If There's An Emergency
- What Does ACT Stand For
- Where are you located
- What Does 'Check 04' Mean
- Who do I call to fix my alarm
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Customer Service
- WHY CHOOSE ACT
- How to stop house alarm from beeping
- Are ACT Installers Certified
- Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP
- Can I replace the Alarm System Battery
- Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
- Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract
- How does my alarm system work
- What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system
- Unmonitored Alarm Service
- Will the Alarm work if I have pets
- Is it worth having an Alarm Sign in my yard
- Does ACT Security install Surveillance Cameras