Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract?
No! But think about it!
An Alarm system may need to be serviced, how much will that cost without a service contract.
There is not a company out there that will provide you with an alarm system that is free and has monitoring for free.
Somehow, the Cost of the System, the Service Contract, and the Monitoring have to be paid for. Just like when you purchase a car, you have to sign a contract if you want to spread the cost out over a period.
So the benefits of an Alarm System Contract are typically: You do not have to pay for the installation, setup, testing and equipment up front. Most likely the Contract will have a service agreement to keep the cost down if something happens to the system. And the Monitoring company is accepting a liability for monitoring your system, they have a cost of doing business too.
Many local Alarm Companies can offer a short, perhaps 12 month contract or even a Month to Month contract. Their costs do not change so they have to charge more upfront.
However! Alarm Companies in Florida that wrote contracts after July 1st. 2010 are required to advise the customer 30-60 days prior to automatic renewal and at that time you do have the choice to renew or not.
It's a good idea to ask if the agreement will automatically renew and for what period.
When you discuss this with a local Alarm Service Company, you are more likely to get a straight answer.
KeywordsMonitoring Contract,Alarm System Contract,12 month alarm monitoring contract,36 month alarm monitoring contract,long term alarm monitoring contract
- Do I need an alarm system
- How much does it cost to have an alarm system
- What's the difference between a control panel and a keypad
- Do I need a separate phone line
- How do I go about getting an alarm security system
- What is required to get a security system
- Do I need a permit
- What is a 'User's Permit And how do I know if I need one
- Do I need to register my alarm
- What Is A False Alarm
- My Alarm Went Off And No One Called, Why
- Why Does The Alarm Beep Every Time A Window or Door Opens
- My Alarm Is Going Off, What Do I Do
- What If Someone Breaks In
- What If There's An Emergency
- What Does ACT Stand For
- Where are you located
- What Does 'Check 04' Mean
- Who do I call to fix my alarm
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Customer Service
- WHY CHOOSE ACT
- How to stop house alarm from beeping
- Are ACT Installers Certified
- Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP
- Can I replace the Alarm System Battery
- Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
- Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract
- How does my alarm system work
- What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system
- Unmonitored Alarm Service
- Will the Alarm work if I have pets
- Is it worth having an Alarm Sign in my yard
- Does ACT Security install Surveillance Cameras