How does my alarm system work?
Alarm Systems work by detecting an intrusion when a security device is triggered by opening or detection of motion or glass break.
When any of your security devices connected to the Alarm system report an intrusion, the system should contact the Monitoring Center which will start the response process.
When your alarm was setup, that should have included your emergency call list and your local police department. If the monitoring center cannot determine if the report was a false alarm, they would dispatch the local police authority.
If your alarm system includes a monitored smoke detector, then the same process is used to contact the local fire department for response.
With various false alarm protection policies and programming in place, there may be a delay in the response process to ensure the appropriate authority is available for actual alarms rather than respond to every false alarm.
In short, your alarm system should work very well!
- Do I need an alarm system
- How much does it cost to have an alarm system
- What's the difference between a control panel and a keypad
- Do I need a separate phone line
- How do I go about getting an alarm security system
- What is required to get a security system
- Do I need a permit
- What is a 'User's Permit And how do I know if I need one
- Do I need to register my alarm
- What Is A False Alarm
- My Alarm Went Off And No One Called, Why
- Why Does The Alarm Beep Every Time A Window or Door Opens
- My Alarm Is Going Off, What Do I Do
- What If Someone Breaks In
- What If There's An Emergency
- What Does ACT Stand For
- Where are you located
- What Does 'Check 04' Mean
- Who do I call to fix my alarm
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Customer Service
- WHY CHOOSE ACT
- How to stop house alarm from beeping
- Are ACT Installers Certified
- Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP
- Can I replace the Alarm System Battery
- Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
- Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract
- How does my alarm system work
- What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system
- Unmonitored Alarm Service
- Will the Alarm work if I have pets
- Is it worth having an Alarm Sign in my yard
- Does ACT Security install Surveillance Cameras