How to stop house alarm from beeping?
Most home alarm systems have a Chime function. That may be a Beep, or the system may talk to you.
In either case, it can be annoying when a Beep occurs every time you let the dog out.
Traditional Alarm Systems normally have a 'Chime' button on the keypad and in many cases the process to toggle the Chime on and off is to enter your disarm code and press the chime button. The keypad may display 'Chime' when the chime feature is turned on.
On modern Alarm systems, especially those that use a Virtual Keypad, you would have to access the 'Settings' menu option and navigate to the Chime Feature to turn it on or off.
It may be a little annoying for the chime to sound, but can alert the home owner in the event that a door or window is opened, and that is from the inside or from the outside! ie. Someone trying to enter the home or someone trying to sneak out. Kids would never do that, would they?
- Do I need an alarm system
- How much does it cost to have an alarm system
- What's the difference between a control panel and a keypad
- Do I need a separate phone line
- How do I go about getting an alarm security system
- What is required to get a security system
- Do I need a permit
- What is a 'User's Permit And how do I know if I need one
- Do I need to register my alarm
- What Is A False Alarm
- My Alarm Went Off And No One Called, Why
- Why Does The Alarm Beep Every Time A Window or Door Opens
- My Alarm Is Going Off, What Do I Do
- What If Someone Breaks In
- What If There's An Emergency
- What Does ACT Stand For
- Where are you located
- What Does 'Check 04' Mean
- Who do I call to fix my alarm
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Customer Service
- WHY CHOOSE ACT
- How to stop house alarm from beeping
- Are ACT Installers Certified
- Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP
- Can I replace the Alarm System Battery
- Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
- Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract
- How does my alarm system work
- What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system
- Unmonitored Alarm Service
- Will the Alarm work if I have pets
- Is it worth having an Alarm Sign in my yard
- Does ACT Security install Surveillance Cameras