Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
Let's clarify an important difference between a Monitored and Non Monitored Smoke Detector.
An Un-monitored Smoke Detector is a Personal Safety Device: In the event that it detects smoke, it emits a loud Siren to alert the occupants. But a Monitored Smoke Detector is a Property Safety device.
Home Insurance Companies want you to have a Monitored Smoke Detector because it can get the alert out even if nobody is home.
So it is better to have a Monitored Smoke Detector as part of your Alarm System. Not only will it alert the occupants but it will also alert the monitoring center even if nobody is home.
Each Monitored Smoke Detector reports to the Alarm System independently, unlike 110v daisy chained smoke detectors. Importantly, a Monitored Smoke detector can report it's location: Bedroom Hallway, Master Bedroom, etc. which significantly aids the Fire Department if they are dispatched.
Most home insurance companies offer a discount for having a Monitored Alarm System installed, and an additional discount when you also have a Monitored Smoke Alarm.
Having both a Monitored Alarm system and Monitored Smoke Alarm can and the insurance discount can go a long way to paying for your monitored alarm service.
KeywordsMonitored Smoke Detector,Non-Monitored Smoke Detector,110v Smoke Detector,Insurance Discount with Some Detector
- Do I need an alarm system
- How much does it cost to have an alarm system
- What's the difference between a control panel and a keypad
- Do I need a separate phone line
- How do I go about getting an alarm security system
- What is required to get a security system
- Do I need a permit
- What is a 'User's Permit And how do I know if I need one
- Do I need to register my alarm
- What Is A False Alarm
- My Alarm Went Off And No One Called, Why
- Why Does The Alarm Beep Every Time A Window or Door Opens
- My Alarm Is Going Off, What Do I Do
- What If Someone Breaks In
- What If There's An Emergency
- What Does ACT Stand For
- Where are you located
- What Does 'Check 04' Mean
- Who do I call to fix my alarm
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Customer Service
- WHY CHOOSE ACT
- How to stop house alarm from beeping
- Are ACT Installers Certified
- Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP
- Can I replace the Alarm System Battery
- Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
- Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract
- How does my alarm system work
- What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system
- Unmonitored Alarm Service
- Will the Alarm work if I have pets
- Is it worth having an Alarm Sign in my yard
- Does ACT Security install Surveillance Cameras