What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system?
If you only have a single keypad, and many of the modern alarm systems only have one, then you want to put it where you can easily get to it whenever you leave or enter the home.
However, having a second keypad either by the Master Bedroom or at a second frequently used Entry/Exit is a good idea.
Now, having said that, we should consider modern alarm systems!
Many of the new alarm systems have internet options where you can arm and disarm the system via a Smart Phone, Tablet or remote PC. And modern Keyfobs are very reliable. This reduces the need for a 2nd keypad and also alters the requirement for the keypad to be located near an entry door.
Lastly, ideally, a keypad should be positioned so that an observer cannot view which keys are being used or the user should block the view.
When we discuss security systems with the home owner, we ask and suggest about the best location for a single keypad and for any additional keypads. We also discuss the keyfob option as well as home automation features that allow remote alarm system management as well as energy management.
If you would like more information about where to locate your alarm system keypad, please call us at 954-956-7070.
- Do I need an alarm system
- How much does it cost to have an alarm system
- What's the difference between a control panel and a keypad
- Do I need a separate phone line
- How do I go about getting an alarm security system
- What is required to get a security system
- Do I need a permit
- What is a 'User's Permit And how do I know if I need one
- Do I need to register my alarm
- What Is A False Alarm
- My Alarm Went Off And No One Called, Why
- Why Does The Alarm Beep Every Time A Window or Door Opens
- My Alarm Is Going Off, What Do I Do
- What If Someone Breaks In
- What If There's An Emergency
- What Does ACT Stand For
- Where are you located
- What Does 'Check 04' Mean
- Who do I call to fix my alarm
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Customer Service
- WHY CHOOSE ACT
- How to stop house alarm from beeping
- Are ACT Installers Certified
- Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP
- Can I replace the Alarm System Battery
- Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
- Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract
- How does my alarm system work
- What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system
- Unmonitored Alarm Service
- Will the Alarm work if I have pets
- Is it worth having an Alarm Sign in my yard
- Does ACT Security install Surveillance Cameras