Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP?
We have had many reports of Alarm Systems failing to call in when the home owner uses a VOIP service for their home phone line.
Without going into the technicalities, not all home service provides (Cable TV, DSL, etc.) actually use VOIP but use a Managed Voice Facility instead. Alarm Systems generally do work over a Managed Voice Facility as long as the service provider installed the system correctly.
So if you have an alarm system on a Plain Old Telephone line (POTS Line) and wish to drop your home phone line and switch to a VOIP type of service, find out if the provider is using a Managed Voice Facility. However, be aware! Many installation technicians incorrectly call their companies service 'VOIP' when it is actually a Managed Voice Facility.
We are familiar with the service providers in South Florida, so if you want to drop your land line, then give us a call.
KeywordsVOIP Voice Over IP
- Do I need an alarm system
- How much does it cost to have an alarm system
- What's the difference between a control panel and a keypad
- Do I need a separate phone line
- How do I go about getting an alarm security system
- What is required to get a security system
- Do I need a permit
- What is a 'User's Permit And how do I know if I need one
- Do I need to register my alarm
- What Is A False Alarm
- My Alarm Went Off And No One Called, Why
- Why Does The Alarm Beep Every Time A Window or Door Opens
- My Alarm Is Going Off, What Do I Do
- What If Someone Breaks In
- What If There's An Emergency
- What Does ACT Stand For
- Where are you located
- What Does 'Check 04' Mean
- Who do I call to fix my alarm
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Customer Service
- WHY CHOOSE ACT
- How to stop house alarm from beeping
- Are ACT Installers Certified
- Will I have a problem with my alarm system over VOIP
- Can I replace the Alarm System Battery
- Should I have a Monitored Smoke Detector
- Do I have to have a 3 year Alarm Monitoring Contract
- How does my alarm system work
- What is the Best place to put the keypad for security system
- Unmonitored Alarm Service
- Will the Alarm work if I have pets
- Is it worth having an Alarm Sign in my yard
- Does ACT Security install Surveillance Cameras